My academic career in the US encompassed appointments in neurology at the University of Pittsburgh and Case Western Reserve University, in biomedical engineering at the University of Akron and in ophthalmology at Indiana University. I came to Australia in 1996 to take up a position in orthoptics at La Trobe University and for the past 12 years have been with the Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences at the University of Melbourne.
• In US: grants received from NSF, VA, NIH.
• In Australia, 1 ARC grant, research contract with Defence Sciences Institute.
• State government (Victorian Neurotrauma Initiative) and philanthropic (Jack Brockhoff Foundation) funding
• Contract research: Actelion Pharmaceuticals (Switzerland), DSO National Laboratories (Singapore)
• 105 peer reviewed publications, 1 invited review, 9 book chapters, 2 full-length conference papers.